Phil Joyce & Charlotte Sills
This practical guide to the gestalt approach has successfully introduced thousands of trainee therapists to the essential skills needed in gestalt practice.
The authors offer practical guidance on the entire process of therapy including setting up the therapeutic session, creating a working alliance, assessment and treatment direction, managing risk, supervision, adopting a research approach, and managing difficult encounters.
The Fourth Edition has been updated to include:
- Some implications of working in the twenty-first century, including working virtually
- Updated content on trauma
- An enhanced discussion of mindfulness and awareness
- New case examples and exercises
- Updated references and further reading